Welcome to Houston. Here are some helpful information that
can lead you to Houston's fun events along with some renting tips.
1. Always read all your paperwork when renting. It can make the difference between losing a deposit or even being approved.
2. Ask your Real Estate agent every question that comes to mind. No question is a stupid question. Your Real Estate agent is your representation and has a fiduciary obligation to you. Put US to work for you.
3. Always pay your rent with certified funds. By paying with certified funds it always easier to trace and replace.
4. If you want to know if a property is safe. Go see your top three properties on your list at night. Properties to make sure everything is well kept during the day but a good property is maintained during all hours.
5. Tenant Rights. The website at http://www.oag.state.tx.us/AG_Publications/txts/tenant.shtml outlines the rightst a tenant has in Texas. Understand your rights and responsibilities.
6. Rental Insurance. Renters insurance is cheap. It protects your valuables and gives you peace of mind.
HOUSTON RENTAL CONDOS: 5 QUESTIONS TO DETERMINE IF RENTING IS RIGHT FOR YOU
The rental market in Houston is strong despite the decline in real estate sales last month throughout the greater Houston area according to data by the Houston Association of realtors (HAR). There were 7,204 homes sold in July compared to 7,898 in July, a year on year decline of 8.8%.
However, even though housing sales are not impressing, housing supply is good with 3.5-4 months’ supply of housing available. But more and more people are favoring renting rather than buying. The month of July saw an increase of 2.3% in single family rentals and 10.6% rise in townhouse/condominium rental.
The average rent for single-family homes ticked up to $ 1,879 and the average rent for townhouses / condominiums remained stable at $ 1,630. If you’re on the fence about renting or buying a home? Here are seven questions to determine whether buying or renting is best for you.
Meet James Woodley now, or contact us directly.
J Woodley Realty
2425 West Loop South Suite 200 Houston, Tx 77027